Tuesday 25 January 2022

Wecome to Kākano 4 2022

Welcome to Kākano 4 for 2022.

This blog will be your one-stop-shop for weekly notices and class information.  It will also be where I share what happens during the week in class with you all.

I am sure you are all a little anxious and a lot excited to start our school year.  I have been busy setting up our classroom and getting things sorted for the first day of school on Tuesday the 8th of February.

__________________________________________________________

A little bit about me...

Ko Ōtanewainuku te maunga

Ko Kaituna te awa

E noho au ki Okere

I whānau mai au ki Rotorua

Ko Janet raua ko Ralph ōku matua

Ko Paul tōku hoa rangatira

Tokurua āku tamariki

Ko Campbell raua ko Mitchell ia

Ko White raua, ko Mines ōku ingoa whānau

Ko Sara ahau


I am a busy Mum of two boys who turn 11 and 12 this year.  I love being outdoors and feel blessed to live so near the lakes, beaches and forests.  I live 30 minutes out of Rotorua on a small lifestyle block.  

My family includes our dog, 3 cats, 7 chickens, 3 sheep and 2 pigs.  We love to grow our own food as well as flowers.  I have a slight obsession with indoor plants and currently have too many plant babies to count.

I have been teaching for the past 17 years and absolutely love my job.  It is a privilege working alongside young children and helping them navigate their early years in life.  I am fortunate to work in a catholic school where I am able to practise and grow my Christian faith.

___________________________________________________________

I look forward to seeing you all next week at our interviews.  This is an opportunity for us all to reconnect and for you to ask questions you may have about the start of school.

If you need to contact me at any stage the easiest way to do this is to send me an email:

saram@stmarysrotorua.school.nz

I hope you have all had a restful and enjoyable summer.

Sara





1 comment:

  1. Thanku so much Mrs Mines...We are feeling so lucky that you gona be first one to hold my second child's hand as well in the starting of his school experience.It was great experience when francika came to you 2 years back..you are fantastic teacher....God Bless

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making a comment. Please note that all comments have to be seen by the class teacher before you will be able to view them online.

Week 9

  We are now in our final few days of school for 2022. Thank you so much to you, our wonderful Kākano whānau for a great year. The teachers ...